Ford 7.3L Head Studs
Use Dieselsite 7.3L Head Studs on the following vehicles:
1994-2003 Ford F-Series Trucks with 7.3 Liter Powerstroke Diesel Engine
Ford E-Series Vans with 7.3 Liter Powerstroke Diesel Engine
Ford Excursion w/ 7.3 Liter Powerstroke Diesel Engine
Includes the following Dieselsite Pieces:
28 Long Head Studs
8 Short Head Studs
36 12-point nuts
36 Hardened Washers
1 Container of Fastener Assembly Lubricant
- INSTALLATION FOR HEAD STUD KITS1. Inspect all hardware prior to installation. Look for defects or shipping damages, plus proper fit, length and dimension.
- 2. To ensure proper thread engagement and accurate torque readings, clean ALL threads in the block. Chase if necessary with a Thread Chaser.
- 3. Screw head studs into the block “HAND TIGHT ONLY” Use Allen key drive only to get stud past small restriction in the threads.
- RELOAD (TORQUE) RECOMMENDATIONS
- Rated at 220,000 psi tensile strength
- Following the manufacturers recommended torque sequence tighten the nuts in three equal steps to the following using Dieselsite Fastener Assembly Lubricant on studs, washers and nuts.
- Our 2 Sequence Torque Specification Guide:
- Step 1- Torque to 45 Ft/Lbs using Sequence 1 below
- Step 2- Torque to 90 Ft/Lbs using Sequence 1 below
- Step 3- Torque to 125 Ft/Lbs using Sequence 2 below