Ford E4OD / 4R100 / 5R110 Transmission Filtration Systems
NEW DESIGN! BILLET ALUMINUM BYPASS MOUNT
- Most cars and light trucks are 5/16".
- Most Pre-1997 E4OD's use a 5/16" line.
- 1997 E4OD can be either 5/16" or 3/8" - you will have to check your truck for the correct line size.
- The 1999-2003 4R100 uses a 3/8" line.
- The Ford 6-Speed Manual uses a 3/8" line.
- The Ford 5 Speed Automatic 5R110 uses 1/2" Line.
- If the flare nut takes a 1/2" wrench then your line size is 5/16".
- If the flare nut takes a 5/8" wrench then your line size is 3/8".
- If the flare nut takes a 3/4" wrench then your line size is 1/2".
Our kits are made with stainless braided high pressure hose and fittings that match the OEM connections. This allows for easier installation and quick removal should the need arise. There is no cutting or modifying needed of the OEM lines or connections when installing our unit.
How it works: Our filter is on the "push" side of the pump. This location allows for a filter with increased efficiency -- or smaller micron rating. Normally, dirty fluid is in the pan, and we assume the OEM filter catches the really big particles before it enters the valves and pump. After running through the transmission, it leaves as "dirty" fluid. This fluid will have clutch dust and other impurities which are all normal in any automatic transmission. This dirty fluid would be recirculated back to the pan. With our kit you can catch dirty fluid BEFORE it makes it back to the pan. Keeping the fluid clean, keeps your valve body clean which keeps your transmission shift quality at its highest. After installation of our external kit the filter in the pan now acts simply as a pickup for the pump and virtually never needs changed.
Our unit has a bypass valve in the housing as an added safety feature. This internal bypass valve in the housing is set at 25 psi to allow some fluid to bypass the filter should the filter become restricted. In addition, if the filter becomes plugged, our unit will go into complete bypass mode and allow the full volume of fluid flow to bypass the filter and insure that your transmission always has returning fluid for lubrication. With normal routine oil and filter changes and a properly operating transmission the full bypass mode should never occur.
Our filters have a micron rating of 22 microns. That is extremely fine filtration for a transmission. Pan filters have no real micron rating. Many are nothing but screens.
Our kit also acts as a "mini" cooler since it is detached from the transmission and the air flow over the filter element would help to dissipate a small amount of heat.
- Protects your transmission in the case of a torque converter failure by catching the debris before it can make it back to the transmission. Before the installation of our Factory Tech Monsterbox, we personally lost 3 torque converters in one transmission and the transmission was still in perfect condition.
- No need to drop the pan again for messy filter changes. Your OEM filter will only require changing every 100,000 miles or so.
- The fluid in pan stays clean, protecting the transmission from debris.
- The filter canister acts as a small transmission cooler.
- The bypass valve design allows fluid flow even if the filter plugs with debris.
- Allows the addition of a transmission filter pressure gauge to monitor the condition of the filter.
- The spin on filter replacements are less expensive than the OEM style.