Dieselsite Journal Bearing Turbo | 1999.5-2003 Ford 7.3L Powerstroke
Fully rebuildable 66/94 1.0 A/R drop-in turbo upgrade
This drop-in upgraded turbocharger is assembled with a custom Wicked Wheel® 2 performance billet compressor wheel (66/94mm) and a Turbo-Master™ mechanical wastegate controller. This upgraded unit directly replaces the original GTP38 turbo, used on stock 1999.5-2003 Ford 7.3L Powerstroke diesel engines.
The center section is a journal bearing support with a 360° thrust washer, capable of handling higher boost levels. Journal bearings also provide longer life, as it is a more durable design and less susceptible to debris from oil. This turbocharger is fully rebuildable.
All DieselSite turbochargers feature a fully CNC-machined wastegate. ALL OEM cast or stamped-style wastegates leak - even when fully closed. In our testing, we found that even at very low drive pressures of 5-10 psi the cast and stamped wastegates leaked off pressure. Our machined wastegate holds 100% of drive pressure when closed.
- Drop-in replacement - all o-rings needed for installation are included
- Larger high-performance Wicked Wheel® 2 compressor wheel (66mm inducer/94mm exducer)
- 0 A/R turbine housing
- 360° thrust washer
- Turbo-Master™mechanical wastegate controller
- Full 1-year Warranty!
- Reduced EGT’s
- Increased Horsepower
- Faster spooling and throttle response
- Fully adjustable drive pressure relief system
- Superior surge control & air flow over stock and modified turbochargers
For those that live at high elevations - YES, YOUR STOCK .84 AR EXHAUST HOUSING WILL FIT AND WORK WELL. You may experience slightly higher exhaust temps, but spool is better at high elevations.