Legendary 5R110 Heavy Duty Transmission
- Heavy Duty 5R110 for the Ford 6.0L and 6.4L Powerstroke
- Designed for demanding conditions
- Improved Performance at Affordable Pricing
- Eliminates sloppy shifting
- Transmissions usually in stock and ready to ship - short lead times if not
- Short Lead Times on custom builds
- Each Unit 100% Dyno Tested – NO DOAs
- Built in the USA
2003 -2007 Ford 5R110 F250 - F550 and Excursion 6.0L Heavy Duty Diesel Transmissions:
2008-2010 Ford 5R110 F250-F550 6.4L Heavy Duty Diesel Transmissions:
PTO OPTIONS: Please note: If you have a PTO transmission, you must call to order. You cannot interchange them with non-PTO units.
All Dieselsite Legendary Transmissions get all the latest heavy duty parts regardless of what year you had or what year transmission you sent in.
In 2003-2004 models, Ford used what was left of a large amount of 4R110 ring gears and planetary assemblies. As you can see in the photos, there is a large difference in the heavier duty parts used in the 2005 models.
Below is another example of the left over 4R100 parts used in the 2003-2004 5R110 models. The sun gear shown was made for the 4R100 which had a bushing. It had an oil slot machined in it to allow oil to pass behind the bushing. This was found to cause oil starvation to other circuits which reduced the durability of the transmission. In 2005, a new sun gear was machined to eliminate this oil slot as no bushing is used in this location on a 5R110. All Dieselsite Legendary Transmissions receive this upgraded sun gear.
The Next photo illustrates the changes made in the pan/filter in the 2008 model years. We use the newer 08.5-2010 upgraded pan and filter on all of our 5R110 Legendary transmissions. This also allows you to remove the factory external filter if yours was equipped with one. We offer this "delete" kit if you wish to just purchase it as a solution.
- All plastic sensor port dummy plugs replaced with machined aluminum o-ring style plugs to prevent failure.
- Every single clutch pack is measured and set to exact clearances- every unit within .003"
- Torrington bearings throughout.
- High Energy 850° frictions in all forward gears (including overdrive) - no 5R110 has ever had this. A DieselSite exclusive!
- Every remanufactured part is run through our de-burring machine.
- New Output Speed Sensor
- New Transmission Speed Sensor
- We have a transmission hydraulic circuit pressure test machine to insure no internal leakage occurs.
- Every Unit fully tested in our own Transmission Dynamometer - No DOA units leave here!
- Many more modifications we do to improve performance and reliability
Shipping based on your location. If you need lift-gate service, you will need to specify this and be aware that there is a 100.00 additional charge for this service - each time the lift gate is needed. If you need a lift gate for delivery and pick-up, the additional shipping cost will be 200.00. We will handle all the shipping arrangements getting the transmission to you in a shipping container and arrange the pick-up of your core when you are ready. So, this shipping cost is all inclusive (other than lift-gate if needed) to cover shipping to you and the shipping to get the core back to us.
Core Charge. The transmission is shipped to you in a molded shipping container. We must get this case back with your transmission core. If you send back your core without the case, you will only get $1000.00 of your core fee returned. The case has a $200.00 core fee on it. If you ordered a TC and do not send your tc core back with your transmission, there will be another $150.00 deducted.
Options for custom builds include:
- MagHytec Deep Transmission Pan
- 300M Advanced Alloy Billet Input Shaft
- 300M Advanced Alloy Billet Intermediate Shaft
- 300M Advanced Alloy Billet Forward Planetary Assembly